Privacy declaration VETFLIX.academy For dutch translation, send an email at: email@example.com
This privacy statement is applicable to all products and services of VETFLIX.academy and its subsidiaries (VETFLIX) unless they expressly apply their own privacy statement. Click here for an overview of VETFLIX products and services.
In this statement, we explain which of your personal data VETFLIX processes, for what purposes and the basis for that processing. We also explain how long we retain your data, the parties with which we share data and what your rights are in respect of these data, for example a right of access or erasure.
The controller for the data processing is VETFLIX.academy, Kerklaan 30, 9751NN Haren Gn The Netherlands. VETFLIX has appointed Mr Jeroen Hoekstra as data protection officer.
Processed personal data.
Data provided by you.
If you order or subscribe to one of our products or services, register, sign up for a newsletter, participate in a marketing campaign, contact VETFLIX or otherwise use the services of (a part of) VETFLIX, the personal data you provide, such as your name, address, contact details, age and gender, will be recorded and processed.
Data obtained via cookies and similar technologies
In addition to the personal data that you provide to VETFLIX yourself, VETFLIX may also collect, record and process (personal) data by using cookies and similar technologies. This concerns the following data, which may (in combination with other data) be considered as personal data:
- online identifiers, such as IP address, advertising ID of a mobile device or cookie ID;
- information on your device, operating system and browser, with which access to a service was obtained. For example, this could be the version of the operating system and the type of browser you use to gain access to a service;
- information on your use of a service, such as your browsing behaviour, at what time you use a service and the type of service used, which information can be linked to your account when you are logged in;
- location data originating from your device or derived from your IP address which is transmitted to us when you use a particular service. Prior to the installation of apps that transmit the location of the (mobile) device, you will be asked for explicit consent for the processing of the location data of the (mobile) device.
You can find more information about cookies and similar technologies and the use thereof on the platforms of VETFLIX on the relevant platform.
Automatically generated data
When using our digital services, it is possible that an account is automatically created for you. You can also create an account yourself by registering for one of our products or services. In both cases an account ID is automatically generated, which is linked to your account.
Data received from third parties
Lastly, VETFLIX may collect, record and process personal data that it receives from third parties. This concerns the following personal data:
- data that you have provided to one of VETFLIX partners for the purpose of these data being transferred to VETFLIX, for example if you register for a VETFLIX newsletter via a partner;
- when you log in on a VETFLIX platform using your social media account via a third party, VETFLIX receives your email address and public profile information;
- data for the verification and enrichment of the data we have, including your address, telephone number, gender and age. This is done via VETFLIX data partners, such as CDDN;
- data shared with us by a third party, such as an advertiser, to show you personalised ads on our platforms, as described below under ‘provision for the purpose of advertisements’;
- information about your browsing behaviour on platforms of affiliated companies with whom VETFLIX entered into a partnership for the compilation of collective group profiles, as further detailed under ‘provision for the purpose of advertisements’ below.
Purposes and basis of data processing
VETFLIX processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- for the conclusion and performance of the contract, for example to provide the products, services or information chosen by you;
- if you have purchased a paid service or product, to invoice;
- to give you an opportunity to post and exchange information via one of VETFLIX digital services or to contact other users of those digital services.
The processing of your data for the foregoing purposes is necessary for the performance of the contract you enter into with VETFLIX when you purchase a product or service.
- to be able to offer you our products and services as completely as possible and to maintain, optimise and secure them;
- to keep you informed of the products and services of VETFLIX;
- to share your privacy settings with the parties that collect data via VETFLIX platforms, as described below under ‘data processing by third parties via VETFLIX platforms’;
- to send you a newsletter, user information, service message or other message (electronic or otherwise);
- to show you specific VETFLIX advertisements on third-party platforms, based on data provided by you. This can be done, for example, by creating specific target groups on Facebook and/or Google using targeting tools by uploading (encrypted) email addresses. Targeted advertisements are then shown to these target groups;
- to automatically create an account for one or more of our services and products. For example, when you subscribe to De Telegraaf, an account for self-service purposes is automatically created for you.
The basis for the processing of your data for the foregoing purposes is a legitimate interest in improving and securing our products and services, in communicating with you regarding relevant information about our services (user information and service messages) and in performing (direct) marketing activities. If you have never had a paid customer relationship with VETFLIX, VETFLIX will only contact you for commercial purposes if you have given your consent.
- to enable logging in via social media sites (offered by third parties).
The basis for the processing of your data for the foregoing purpose is consent. You give this consent by logging in on one of the VETFLIX platforms using your social media account.
- to build group profiles based on characteristics and behaviour. For this we can combine your account data with data obtained via cookies and similar techniques, such as browsing behaviour. The profiles compiled by VETFLIX always consist of a group of users (for example sports enthusiasts in the age range of 20 to 30);
- to show you personalised content and advertisements;
- to show you specific VETFLIX advertisements on third-party platforms based on data obtained via cookies and similar techniques;
- to improve products and services. Based on information about your interests and your use of our products and services, VETFLIX tries to improve its products and services and to better tailor them to your use and interests.
The basis for the processing of your data for the foregoing purposes is consent. You give this consent through your privacy settings on a VETFLIX platform.
- in order to comply with the legislation and regulations applicable to VETFLIX, such as the retention obligation for the Dutch Tax Administration (Belastingdienst).
The basis for the processing of your data for the foregoing purposes is VETFLIX compliance with a legal obligation.
It is possible that when you use various VETFLIX products and/or services, your personal data processed in that connection may be combined with data originating from (the use of) other VETFLIX products and/or services and/or from third parties (as mentioned above under ’data received from third parties’) to form a profile.
Transfer of data to third parties
For the aforementioned purposes, your personal data may be exchanged with or made available to all parts of the group of which VETFLIX is part (the VETFLIX group). Your data will not be provided to parties that are not part of the VETFLIX group, with the exception of the following. Of course, we will take into account any required consents for such provisions.
Performance of a contract
If providing data to a third party is part of the contract you entered into with VETFLIX, we will provide your data to the relevant third party in accordance with the contract.
Parties engaged by VETFLIX
Your data may be provided to parties without your consent, which parties are engaged by VETFLIX for the performance of its services. These include providers of delivery and payment services, software and SaaS (Software as a Service) services, (advertising) platforms, hosting services, (direct) marketing services and collection agencies. In such a case, your data will only be used on VETFLIX instructions for the purposes referred to in this statement.
Provision for the purpose of advertisements
To be able to offer advertisements as targeted as possible, the information that VETFLIX collects on its platforms regarding your browsing behaviour, including personal data, is combined with information about your browsing behaviour on the platforms of affiliated companies that are also part of the VETFLIX group, for the compilation of collective group profiles. These collective group profiles are used to show you personalised ads on the platforms of VETFLIX and these affiliated companies. VETFLIX is jointly responsible with these affiliated companies for the processing of your personal data for this purpose. This privacy statement applies to such processing. You can contact VETFLIX to exercise your rights in respect of this data (as referred to under ‘your rights in respect of your data’ below).
Also, VETFLIX sends certain information, such as IP address, to media agencies, advertisers, advertising networks and/or data partners for the purpose of the (automatic) sale of advertising space, and the group profiles compiled by VETFLIX using your data can be provided to media agencies, advertisers, advertising networks and/or data partners of VETFLIX for the display of personalised advertisements.
In addition, VETFLIX can match your data (e.g. your email address) with data in possession by a third party (e.g. an advertiser), to show you personalised ads on our platforms. VETFLIX is jointly responsible with the relevant third party for the processing of your personal data for this purpose. This privacy statement applies to such processing. You can contact VETFLIX to exercise your rights in respect of this data (as referred to under ‘your rights in respect of your data’ below).
Lastly, it is possible that VETFLIX is required, based on applicable laws and regulations, to provide certain data, to the police for example, in connection with a criminal investigation or to a third party if the content of a comment posted by you on a VETFLIX platform is unlawful vis-à-vis that third party. In these instances, VETFLIX will only provide data if it is clear that it is obliged to do so.
Transfer outside the EU
Some of the parties to whom we provide data are international companies. In that case, it is possible that your data will also be processed outside the EU. In principle, this will only be done in countries with an appropriate level of protection. If that is not the case, VETFLIX will safeguard the protection of your data by using the standard contractual clauses drawn up for this purpose by the European Commission. A copy of these standard contractual clauses, including information on a specific processing that occurs under the application of these clauses, can be requested free of charge via privacy@VETFLIX.nl.
Data processing by third parties via VETFLIX platforms
Third parties may also place cookies and similar technologies via VETFLIX platforms and use them to collect your data. These third parties may be advertisers that purchase advertising space on VETFLIX platforms and social media parties that offer certain services on VETFLIX platforms (such as the share button). In addition, you may end up on the platform of a third party via a VETFLIX platform, for example via an (embedded) link. In all these instances, the conditions and privacy rules of the relevant third party are applicable. You are advised to consult this third party’s privacy statement.
You can find more information about cookies and similar technologies and the use thereof by third parties via VETFLIX’ platforms on the relevant platform.
Telephone calls to customer service
Telephone calls to the customer service of (a part of) VETFLIX may be recorded for verification of the agreement and for training purposes. The basis for this processing is a legitimate interest. The recordings will not be retained any longer than is strictly necessary and are not accessible to unauthorised persons.
When you apply for a vacancy at VETFLIX, VETFLIX processes your data, including name and address data, contact details and application data, in the context of the recruitment and selection procedure. The basis for, this processing is a legitimate interest to carry out the application process. VETFLIX stores this data for up to 4 weeks after the end of the recruitment and selection procedure. If you give permission for this, VETFLIX will store the data for up to 1 year after the end of the procedure.
VETFLIX processes the collected data as long as this is necessary for the purposes for which the data were collected or is necessary to comply with legal obligations. For example, customer data are retained until two years after the end of the customer relationship. In addition, VETFLIX is legally required to retain invoicing and payment data for seven years under tax legislation.
Security of data
VETFLIX respects the privacy of every data subject and ensures that personal data are treated confidentially and with the greatest possible care. All personal data are securely stored in VETFLIX administration. VETFLIX also makes reasonable efforts to secure its systems against loss and/or against any type of unlawful use or processing and when doing so, uses appropriate technical and organisational measures, including taking the state of the art into account.
Your rights in respect of your data
Below, we list the rights you can exercise in respect of your personal data that VETFLIX processes. You can exercise these rights via this page.
Right to access, rectification or erasure of personal data, right of objection and restriction
You can gain access to your data that VETFLIX processes at all times and free of charge and, if you so desire, have these data modified or supplemented if they are incorrect or incomplete. In certain instances, you can also have your personal data erased, for example if these are no longer necessary for the purpose for which they were provided. You can also object to the use of your personal data or revoke consent given previously. In some instances, you can have the use of your data suspended temporarily, for example if there is uncertainty about the accuracy of the data.
Right to data transfer
You can request the data that VETFLIX automatically processes with your permission or in connection with the performance of your contract with VETFLIX or (if technically possible) have them transferred to another party.
Right of complaint
If you have a complaint related to the processing of your personal data, you can report this via privacy@VETFLIX.academy. You can also use this email address to contact VETFLIX data protection officer. You can also report your complaint to the Dutch Data Protection Authority.
If you want to unsubscribe for a certain newsletter or commercial e-mail of a brand of VETFLIX you can use the unsubscribe link which can be found at the bottom of the received mailing.
Amendment of this privacy statement
VETFLIX reserves the right to amend this privacy statement. Every amendment will be published on this page. We recommend that you consult this privacy statement on a regular basis to ensure that you are always aware of the content of the applicable privacy statement.
This privacy statement was last amended on January 16, 2023.